Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Bye bye not so terrible twos!

Whoever came up with the slogan "terrible twos" must not have had children. Every parent I talk with, loves or loved the twos. I too loved the twos. Both my children that year were filled with so much learning, talking, expolring, laughter, and love. It is all so new for them. The hugs a two year old gives is so big and warm. They are just so much fun to watch from a distance.

Kael was no exception to this. He went from a little toddler to a little boy right before my eyes. To watch him smell a flower or jump off a step or see his reaction to a bug, are all memories I hope to have forever. He loves to snuggle and keep me warm but he is independent and hard to catch. He fills my heart with so much happiness.

Well, we are turning to the next chapter... Kael is three. Over the past 3 months he has been asking for a Wall-E cake. He loves Wall-E. I love Wall-E too. :-)

So Wall-E is was. The night of his birthday, we enjoyed a few friends over to celebrate along with my parents. They never miss a birthday party. I wouldn't blame them since they live 3 hours away but it is so nice to have them, especially because all our other family lives far away too. And not to mention, Kael loves his grammie adn grampie!

It was a laid back celebration. We played outisde, ate Chinese food (which ALL of my boys love!), and some how found room for cake later in the evening.


I love you Kael!

No comments: