Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Ride Kaiden Ride

Kaiden can tear it up with training wheels. All summer we thought he just might be ok with taking them off his bike for good, but no. But the other day I asked, so you ready to learn to ride a bike? "Yes." was the answer.

So I prepared myself for a few falls, complaining, frustration, and disappointment. I am not a half empty kind of person, but you know, it is tough to learn to ride a bike. We have tried in the past and it didn't go well.

This time... it took all of 7 seconds. They are recorded on video... see below. And he was off. If you listen closely he says... "don't touch, I can do it myself". Ah, music to my ears. And after about an hour on non stop bike runs down (the flat part of) our driveway, he had mastered stopping. And now, all he wants to do it ride. After school, in the morning, before and after lunch, ride ride ride.



Click here to see the FIRST atempt.
And Click here to see a few minutes later...

It is so much fun to see him ride. He can go faster and do many more crazy things but I just close my eyes and keep the doctors number handy.

No comments: