Friday, August 8, 2008

Great Eight


I need to take a moment to blog about the great number 8. Today is 08-08-08 and this is a very special day for me because I love the number 8! I did keep forgetting that today was 08-08-08, so I didn't really enjoy it as much as I should have but nonetheless I do have to blog about it.

It all began 20 years ago to the day. It must have been a weekend day because at 13 years of age and I had a slumber party. Why? Can you guess???.... To celebrate 8-8-88 of course! I thought I would maybe have a party this year but I never got around to it. Maybe I should start second guessing my love for the number eight.

I have included a photo of Sharon here. Some of you Sci-fi readers need no explanation I am sure but since I don't have a wide range of sci-fi readers out there, I don't imagine, I will let you know that she is a Cylon on Battlestar Galactica. One of the greatest shows of all time! And of the 12 human cylons models that exist, she is model number.... you guessed it.... eight.

Ok, so this post is much to do about nothing but to add a recap our week at the Clark Zoo: Kaiden went to the doctors and he is back to normal. Healthy lungs. Phew! He went to Audubon camp this week. He had a blast! He absolutely loves this camp. Kael is just in the super funny stage right now. Ian came home with a hair cut today and Kael put two hands on his head and started rubbing his hair then he said "Have hair cut today?" His sentences are just so cute.

Ian's birthday is tomorrow so he heads out to New Jersey to the "Testament, Motorhead, Black Sabbath with Dio, and Judas Priest". Lots of music I know nothing about but he's a big fan. And for me, I just got back from playing ice hockey which was coed tonight. I haven't played for about 2 months and I am sooooo tired! I also bought some material today to begin a baby quilt for my friend. I will be sure to post some photos as I progress. Oh, and Kaiden had a play date with Lorelei last night. We had a little ice cream social and that was fun. And the night before we went to Celeste's house for dinner and the boys played with Leah. The boys were very good at Leah's. Both those nights were very nice!

Well, I better get this post blogged becuase I only have a few minutes left to celebrate 08-08-08.

No comments: