Sunday, August 3, 2008

Weekend in Maine - Liz's Bridal Shower

I just got back from a weekend in Maine with my family. Kaiden had his first sleepover at his grandparents house last Thursday. He actually wanted to go. That is a big step for him! Then the following day, Friday, Ian, Kael, Saber and I joined him. It was a nice visit. On Saturday we met some of our friends, Steve, Claudine, her parents, and Claudine's soon to be husband, Alexe. We ate at a nice sandwich shop in downtown Skowhegan called Kel-mat Cafe (no website that I know of). Never heard of the place but my sandwich was delicious and I the atmosphere is really nice. The place is in an old house, very quaint and lots of unique sandwhiches. Our favorite place back home is Big G's in Winslow. That place is untouchable for sandwhiches as far as I am concerned. Missed that this time around but it was worth it to try something different and Kel-mat didn't disappoint. Later that day we met my cousin Lori and her two girls at Ossoola Park. They have new playground equipment there and it is really nice. I do miss the snail though.

The night closed with a game night with my parents playing 3 games of Ticket to Ride. An outstanding game. It comes highly recommended by the Clark Zoo! Even Kaiden likes it. He doesn't partake in the actual game but Ian gives him some extra pieces and cards and he gets his own game going. He entertains himself amazingly well... when Kael is not around. He loves pretend play. He is a lot like Ian.

Today, Sunday, Ian visited with his dad and his grandfather while I attended my cousin Elizabeth's bridal shower. Ian and I have been married 11 years and I had 5 bridesmaids: Lori (married 5 years), Jodi (married 5 years), Arcy (married ~15 years), and Liz and Claudine. Not sure if either of them would ever get married. And now, both of them are engaged. Funny how that works! The bridal shower was nice. It is so nice to see Liz happy. The big day is August 30th and for Claudine, next August.

I am sure Liz is thinking the same thing, but it is one of those days I really miss my Aunt Sarah. It has been 7 years since she passed away from cystic fibrosis and I just want to give her a big hug. I remember her at my bridal shower. I miss her soooo much. Liz must miss her more.

No comments: