Saturday, August 16, 2008

Project Update and Hair Cut

Project update:
Quilting… still picking out colors! No progress. Actually, we have been so busy with Kaiden’s room that there has been no left over time for quilting. But soon.

Kaiden’s room looks great! So far we have it cleaned out, painted blue, and vacuumed. I am allergic to dust so any intense cleaning bothers my eyes for days. Still itching and rubbing. If only I cleaned regularly! Not going to happen.

The blue is striking. I enjoy looking at it. But no sign of superman yet. I did buy some wall stickers on ebay so we will see how it looks in a few days. Meanwhile, we need to put Kaiden’s bed back together.
It broke several months ago from perhaps some play by the zoo members, instigated by the daddy. I am not sure they are fessing up to the whole story, but basically the bed collapsed and almost killed our cat Trapper who was sleeping underneath. “We were just sitting here reading books, honest!”…. hummm….

Kael is working on talking lately. He tries so hard to make his sentences complete now. Today he stepped in some peanut butter on the floor in the kitchen (I am reminded when I come home from work that I do live in a zoo, although the head animal does do a great job at taking care of the young creatures.)… so anyway, Kael steps in some pb and he looks down all curious and says “peanut butter, shoe, step in, kitchen, Kael” then he pauses and thinks for a bit then says all together “Mumma, Kael step in peanut butter in kitchen, on shoe”. Very cute. I wish I had it on video.
So speaking of growing up... it is 7pm Thursday night and we drive by Supercuts. Kael usually is in bed by 8pm. But he says he wants his hair cut so we turn in. At first he cried and so Kaiden hopped in the chair and went first. Kaiden loves to have his hair cut because he gets to talk nonstop and tell the hair dresser all about his day and his life. So Kael watches but pretty much there is no chance of getting him in that chair. Except... he eyes a jar of lollipops on the counter and asks for one... "sure buddy, when you sit in the chair, I'll give you a lollipop" Ahh... yes, the bribe. At one time in my life, I would have thought it was out of the question to bribe my child. I also thought Kaiden wouldn't have a Superman room. So he eventually sits without much of a fuss but I definitely learned something that day.... it is not wise to give a child a lollipop while they are getting their hair cut! Kael took the lollipop out of his mouth, hair stuck to it, he then tried to take the hair off with his hands, then fussed because he had hair on his hands and it wouldn't come off, then Kaiden would go and get him another lollipop just in time to distract him from thinking about the hair on his hands. This process repeated itself until 3 lollipops later we were finally finished.

So the results:
Before:

After:


A cute handsome boy. But I do miss the curls!!!


And last night, Ian and I played coed hockey together. It is not often we play on the ice together but before kids we did it fairly often. Our sitter, Stephanie, is going to college in Florida at the end of the month so I don’t know what we will do without her!!! She is so awesome.







Hopefully I will have a room update tomorrow… it’s looking good.

No comments: