Thursday, June 25, 2009

Trains, Planes, and lots of swimming!

I think it was last year when I decided that my boys *need* to see their cousins at least once a year. I wish it could be so much more frequent but it is what it is.

So this year we made our trip to Tennessee again to visit my brother, my sister-in-law Ana, and their kids Kayla and Orion. Kael, Orion, Kaiden, and Kayla are ages 3, 4, 5, and 6 respectively. At least they are at the beginning of this post.


My boys enjoyed the flight down. Sipping on apple juice in style.
kael,kaiden,airplane,Cookeville,Tn

And before we headed to my brothers we stopped by one of my dearest friends, Rebecca. I love seeing her. She is like a friend that I wish was one door down from me. For a year, we shared an apartment together while on a college work co-op and I loved those days with her. Wonderful memories. She's this cute country bumpkin on the outside. Her voice sweet as southerns get.... but don't let that fool you. She is a firecracker inside. Passionate about animal, a recycler, a breast feeder, a photographer, an engineer, and just an amazing thinker. Now mind you many people care about animals. Many recycle. And many breastfeed. But Rebecca.... well.. she doesn't go just half way. She goes all out with passion. She'd drive you crazy if you didn't think like her. But I do, so I love her. Well.... we don't talk about politics. :-)


Anyway, a couple of hours at her house chatting isn't enough but it has to do. Our kids ran around and enjoyed each other like they have known each other forever. I love this age. And after being tired from the running and the 90 degree heat, they sat on the porch for some popsicles.
Photobucket

And on to Cookeville....

Man these kids are growing.
Photobucket


This trip with my niece and nephew was filled with lots of swimming. I think it was 90+ degrees every day. We swam, swam, and swam some more. All the kids are getting pretty good.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


And we stopped at the train museum in Cookeville to play on the trains. The kids love that place.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And by the end of the week it was close enough to Kayla's 7th birthday that we threw her a mini party. I love that girl. She is, after all, my only girl. Happy 7th Birthday Kayla!

Photobucket


Until next year.....

No comments: